This project consisted of approximately 8,800 square feet of additional space. The new spaces provided a fellowship hall, nursery, kitchen, office, youth room, open-air columbarium, and courtyard.
The addition’s structural system is a combination of block and metal stud walls, while the exterior consists of metal roofing, three-dimensional shingles, and stucco finish.
The site proved to be a challenge, in that it is surrounded by the original 1890’s church, West Lincoln Street, an alley, and the 1950’s addition to the church.
Interior finishes include a stained concrete floor throughout, large western cedar plank ceilings with arched wood trusses at the fellowship hall, and a commercial grade kitchen.
Architect: Gilbert|McLaughlin Architects